“Street food” update: Marination Mobile headed for High Point

July 2, 2009 at 9:15 am | In High Point, West Seattle news | 7 Comments

Wendy Hughes-Jelen from High Point forwards word that Steve Barham of the High Point Neighborhood Association announced via mailing list that another of the city’s much-buzzed street-food vendors, Marination Mobiledescribed here – is coming to HP on Saturdays, starting on the Fourth of July:

Marination will be stationed at the empty lot on 35th and Graham on Saturdays from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm, starting this Saturday, July 4. That means you can [leave your car at home], walk down, get cheap food and hang out street-food-style, before going to the Diversity Festival (which will also have food but not until 3:00 PM when it starts). Hmm…if you want to get real-time updates on this like they do in LA, follow @curb_cuisine or marinationmobile.com.

Steve’s note also includes a reminder about the festival, which includes free food: “Yes, there will be tons of free food, barbecue, Somali food, and of course marinated kalbi tacos, ginger chicken tacos, and tofu tacos …” The Diversity Festival on Saturday is 3-8 pm, Commons Park in High Point. As for Marination confirmation, we’re working on that – nothing on their various sites yet but we’d read previously they were looking for a chance to visit West Seattle. 5:03 PM UPDATE: The Marination Mobile website now confirms the Saturday plan at 35th/Graham.

1. “Marination Mobile”? I hope the food is better than the name.

Comment by Donna Pierce — 10:16 am July 2, 2009 #

2. I’m still waiting for Maximus-Minimus to announce West Seattle dates. Some friends have hit it downtown as say the food is excellent (as is the outrageously evil piggy truck)

Comment by christopherboffoli — 10:19 am July 2, 2009 #

3. Finally some commercial attention for High Point! ;)

Comment by marco — 11:47 am July 2, 2009 #

4. Marination Mobile sets up in Fremont near my office on Wednesdays. I have not tried it (I usually bring my lunch), but their truck is pretty cool looking, the food smells and looks fantastic, and there are always a lot of people standing in line. So I’m guessing it must be good. It’s pretty cool they’re setting up in HP out of all the neighborhoods in WS!

Comment by swimcat — 12:31 pm July 2, 2009 #

5. I thought the name was rather clever myself…But there’s not much room to play with that one like there was with the Swinery Deli….hee hee. All this talk of food, I’m headed to lunch…Mmmmmm, today, one of my favorites…Pork Chile Verde, A Wet One, from Tacos Guaymas………

Comment by Vanessa — 1:07 pm July 2, 2009 #

6. swimcat: In my experience Seattlites waiting in line for food doesn’t necessarily guarantee that the food is good. People around here seem to have WAY more patience than I do with waiting on-line for everything from ice cream to patisserie. If Seattle ever regresses to Soviet-style bread lines I figure everyone will be ready.

Comment by christopherboffoli — 2:06 pm July 2, 2009 #

7. I tasted the Marination Mobile fare Thursday night on Capitol Hill, and it was INCREDIBLE! I highly recommend the Aloha Sliders and the Kalbi Rib Tacos. Wow! I’ll be at the MM every Saturday. Might need to walk there since I immediately had second helpings after my first taste.
    We are very lucky that they will be in our neighborhood!

Comment by Gigi — 9:26 am July 6, 2009 #