Elliott Bay Water Taxi start date set: April 5

wttuesday.jpgKing County Council Chair Dow Constantine told yesterday’s West Seattle Chamber of Commerce lunch that the Elliott Bay Water Taxi would start its season about a month earlier this year than last year; he didn’t mention a date but when we caught up with him at last night’s 34th District Democrats meeting, we followed up, and now have the date to share with you: Sunday, April 5th. (Last year, it kicked off on April 27th; the EBWT’s future year-round operation is scheduled to start next year.)

8 Replies to "Elliott Bay Water Taxi start date set: April 5"

• Linnea February 12, 2009 (8:57 am)

WAhooooo! This is great news! I had just started searching Metro’s site yesterday afternoon and was so depressed to see that it was the 27th! Way to go Dow.

• Living in West Seattle since 1985 February 12, 2009 (10:15 am)

A true sign Spring is on its way! Thank you for the good news!!! I can’t wait to hop on and cruise to downtown! I love to watch the ocean life and the boats floating by and smell the salt spray in the air. Nothing like it! Better than driving ANY DAY!

• dq February 12, 2009 (10:44 am)

it really is the most relaxing way to commute…

• Keith February 12, 2009 (11:13 am)

Awesome – starting in time for the Mariners opening day. The Water Taxi is my favorite way to get to a game at Safeco.

• Cheryl February 12, 2009 (3:49 pm)

Hooray!! Can’t wait!

• miws February 12, 2009 (6:41 pm)

Dan Lewis just reported this on KOMO4 News, and he said “…according to West Seattle Blog”! :)

As a side note, I’ve noticed that Dan, seemingly more than other Newscasters, distinctly pronounces the “t” in “West”.

C’mon, Dan! You’ve been broadcasting here for over 20 years! You should know it’s Wesseattle”! ;)

• WSB February 12, 2009 (7:08 pm)

I worked with Dan for 8 years so to hear that he had to say our site’s name warms my heart. He is an excellent newsperson. And in fact, that brings up a memory, because Junior Member of the Team is 13 years old tomorrow, and on the day he was born, one of our producers also became a dad, so Dan announced the births of JMoT and our producer’s daughter in a little blurb on the news. I still have a VHS of that somewhere … TR

• miws February 12, 2009 (7:19 pm)

How cool, TR!

Of course, it only seems like it was just a few years ago, right? ;)

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann