West Seattle signs: You saw these two coming

November 12, 2008 at 3:16 pm | In Gas prices, West Seattle news | 6 Comments

Just back from an errand break, during which we spotted two signs worth passing along, even though neither is a surprise – Delridge Arco has broken into the $2.10s (how long till $1.99?), and Zeeks Pizza has finally put up “coming spring 2009″ signage at its future location, the ex-Corner Inn (Fauntleroy/California; we first reported their West Seattle plans back in September, thanks to a tip from Rick).

1. It’s great that Zeek’s is coming to that corner, but Abbondanza must not be too thrilled. I hope they can both succeed.

Comment by Meghan — 4:15 pm November 12, 2008 #

2. I think Abbodnanza has quite a loyal following. Plus, they have yummy pasta dishes and other specials besides pizza that should keep people coming in. I know I’ll still go there! But I am willing to give Zeek’s a try too.

Comment by JEM — 4:32 pm November 12, 2008 #

3. $55 BBL. Gas will under $2 soon.

Comment by OP — 4:50 pm November 12, 2008 #

4. Hell its cheap enough that I can just let my hummer idle in the driveway instead of having to be bothered to shut it off. Excessive consumption for all!

Comment by austin — 6:24 pm November 12, 2008 #

5. austin, hyperbole is the argumentative tactic of the pointless. Congratulations, you’ve demonstrated that perfectly.

Comment by OP — 12:54 pm November 13, 2008 #

6. peter, greed and selfishness are the lifestyle choices of those who are a waste of skin. Congratulations, you live up to that description perfectly.

Comment by austin — 8:29 am November 14, 2008 #