California Place Park: Landscape-architect search posted

November 18, 2008 at 2:05 pm | In California Place Park, West Seattle news, West Seattle parks | 6 Comments

View Larger Map

Just posted on the website for the group that obtained a $15,000 Neighborhood Matching Fund grant to explore options for California Place Park (map) in North Admiral (Google Street View above – pan around to the area behind the bus stop): The “request for qualifications” for a landscape architect who will help with that exploration. More city-facilitated meetings are planned as part of the process (WSB coverage of the first meeting, with 104 comments, is here); no dates announced yet.

1. I’ll send it to my LA friend!

Comment by DALYDBL — 2:47 pm November 18, 2008 #

2. DALYDBL – Let’s hook your LA friend up with mine from Oklahoma City. I’m sure they can find a mutual appreciation for Seattle suburbs.

Comment by Mark — 6:56 pm November 18, 2008 #

3. Can you go back to “regular” maps? I understand that Google Street View is the coolest thing since sliced bread, but all the directional overlay graphics actually make it harder to decipher where the heck the places you are pointing out actually are.
    Sorry to detract.

Comment by Bob Loblaw — 7:54 pm November 18, 2008 #

4. In a story like this I’m just using street view for an image – but it would be easy enough to do what I would normally do anyway (include an inline link in the story to a regular map). Otherwise this story would have been a flat file photo of the park (and I’ve mostly been using street view for stories where I don’t even have file pix, at an hour when I can’t scamper out to get one) and an inline link to a gmap. Will add one to this now.

Comment by WSB — 8:25 pm November 18, 2008 #

5. This project should be scrapped due to poor economic times and lack of community support.

Comment by TWAR — 9:05 pm November 21, 2008 #

6. This project should go forward for SAFETY, SAFETY and SAFETY.

Comment by NIMBY nulu — 10:55 am November 22, 2008 #