When West Seattle Gas Price Watch collides with Typo Watch

ruxbury.jpg

Thanks to the tipster who called us about this sign that’s just gone up at the recently reopened former 76 station on ROXbury, a couple blocks east of 35th. Also worth noting, this is our first sighting of $3.20-something regular gas since the price plummet began.

10 Replies to "When West Seattle Gas Price Watch collides with Typo Watch"

• comment-avatar
    miws October 15, 2008 (5:09 pm)

Well, it looks like I’ve failed as a wannabe WSB Cub Reporter! I noticed that sign yesterday afternoon on my bus ride back home from Burien, thought of notifying TR, but then forgot by the time I made it home.

Mike

• comment-avatar
    WSB October 15, 2008 (5:14 pm)

No worries, it’s the thought that counts.

We have e-mail, text, phone, Twitter, Facebook, gotta work on Telepathy too …

• comment-avatar
    hopey October 15, 2008 (6:02 pm)

It was me… I really should get Twitter set up on my phone. :)

• comment-avatar
    WSB October 15, 2008 (6:21 pm)

Thanks – Patrick took the call but didn’t relay who the tipster was, you know we believe in credit where credit’s due! Extra credit to anybody who goes to that station and drops in to ask them if they’re going to fix it. We’ll do that sometime tomorrow if we don’t hear from anyone first.

• comment-avatar
    Admiral Janeway October 15, 2008 (6:22 pm)

Talk about falling prices…Barnecut’s on Admiral (the Shell station) had unleaded for $3.53 on Saturday. Today it’s $3.31/gal.

• comment-avatar
    WSB October 15, 2008 (7:02 pm)

Well, then we indeed picked the right time to restart our Sunday night surveys (for early Monday morning publication) … will be fascinating to see where it’s all down to by NEXT Sunday night …

• comment-avatar
    s October 15, 2008 (8:50 pm)

and here i thought i was getting a good deal when i filled up last friday for $3.49

• comment-avatar
    crakd October 16, 2008 (9:28 am)

$3.25 at the Delridge ARCO this morning! i nearly drove off the road! LOL

• comment-avatar
    OP October 16, 2008 (11:08 am)

Oil has dropped nearly $5 BBL (again) to less than $70 BBL this morning. Prepare for it to go even lower. Much lower.

Of course no one will have a job or the money to fill their cars, so there’s that….

• comment-avatar
    Diane October 17, 2008 (10:47 pm)

I got gas here tonight for $3.07
    ~
    I tried to ask the very sweet man about the typo, but his English; not so much

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann