West Seattle scene: Zombie Walk-ers stalk the streets

October 26, 2008 at 5:49 pm | In Holidays, Seen around town | 15 Comments

zombiewalk.jpg

Thanks to Courtney for capturing the aerial view of the sizable Zombie Walk that’s been heading through The Junction and up toward Admiral this afternoon/early evening – we mentioned it on the calendars, but you might still have been startled to see it; it’s a citywide event, and this year they decided to stalk West Seattle. (No relation to the zombies of the Thrill the World event yesterday, though some Thriller-dancers were reportedly considering joining in!) P.S. Lots of participants in the Zombie Walk means lots more pix online, including some posted by Tofublog and Kero360.

1. Jeez I thought it was Dino Rossi and his mates out on the trail:)

Comment by cruiser — 6:00 pm October 26, 2008 #

2. Funny, I thought it was Christine G. and her union thugs in tow…

Comment by theyellowdart — 6:21 pm October 26, 2008 #

3. We were in Rocksport when they skulked by. So funny and weird.

Comment by ann — 7:26 pm October 26, 2008 #

4. I heard a rumor that some of them were crawling on people’s cars – hope they didn’t do any damage. Would hate to have something that could be fun turn into destruction of property.

Comment by pam — 8:03 pm October 26, 2008 #

5. I was in the produce aisle at Safeway. I looked up from my romaine to see a nice young lady with a hatchet in her head. Before I could move I heard a nearby mom with a shield and cape (!) instruct her Spiderman costumed son to get the zombies. He sprung into action with some 6 year old moves as the undead stalked amongst the produce.

Comment by Bunnypug — 8:06 pm October 26, 2008 #

6. Thought they were a group of Obama Kool Aid drinkers out looking for some ” Change “.

Comment by Chris — 8:16 pm October 26, 2008 #

7. I work at the Charlston and they made my day!!! It was so funny they came and “zombied” in the windows and everyone had a good laugh!

Comment by Amanda Deardorff — 8:50 pm October 26, 2008 #

8. excellent – we saw quite a few of them out and about in the junction this evening. We thought they were part of the Thriller dance. Yay for performance art!

Comment by JenV — 10:06 pm October 26, 2008 #

9. The zombie walk was terrific fun. See my photos of the event here.

Comment by JESilverstein — 10:07 pm October 26, 2008 #

10. Hmmmmm……in the produce section?

Maybe they thought the cauliflower was BRAINS!!! :lol:

Mike

Comment by miws — 10:29 pm October 26, 2008 #

11. And more photos in a Flickr set here.

Comment by Mark Bourne — 8:14 am October 27, 2008 #

12. @ Bunnypug – I must have been standing right next to you, because I was also in the produce aisle at Safeway at the time and witnessed the little Spiderman fending off the zombies! So cute!

Comment by ALS — 12:36 pm October 27, 2008 #

13. They caused quite the stir in West Seattle yesterday afternoon – walking in the streets, crossing when the light was green right in front of cars, etc – while’st it was neat to see them expressing themselves – probably could have been a little better to pay attention to the traffic lights for there own safety.

Comment by love the ghouls — 3:21 pm October 27, 2008 #

14. Thanks to the two who linked photos – fun stuff! It sounds to me like this is rotated around to different neighborhoods each year and I’m glad they came to the peninsula. I had no idea Seattle had so many zombies, and hate horror movies, but a little chaos in our streets by the dead made me smile.

Comment by GenHillOne — 4:27 pm October 27, 2008 #

15. Wow. And I thought that was a group of my ex-boyfriends.

Comment by JH — 11:05 am October 28, 2008 #