Charlestown Cafe fire repairs finally begin!

May 2, 2008 at 12:52 pm | In Charlestown Cafe, West Seattle news | 12 Comments

Just in from Charlestown Cafe co-owner Larry Mellum:

I finally have some good news to report. Everything is finally signed sealed and delivered!! Meaning that the Charlestown St. Cafe project is finally underway. I will do my best to keep you aware of our progress but as I have said previously, this is a four week project. Which means we should be open for business sometime around June 1st, with any luck possibly Memorial Day weekend.

It’s been almost three months since the Feb. 4th fire that closed the restaurant; we’ve been chronicling (scroll through our complete Charlestown Cafe archive here) the ups and downs of the owners’ quest for repair approvals ever since. Ironically, just days before the fire, we had reported the shelving of the controversial plan to build a Petco store on the site.

1. wahoo! Glad to hear it!

Comment by B — 1:02 pm May 2, 2008 #

2. Excellent! Breakfast is coming back!

Comment by Damiana Smith — 1:12 pm May 2, 2008 #

3. Yippee! Breakfast is coming back!

Comment by dksmith — 1:15 pm May 2, 2008 #

4. Yeah!! What wonderful news! Been missing their breakfast. :)

Comment by eli — 2:06 pm May 2, 2008 #

5. You guys need to go to Angelinas in Admiral for breakie:)

Comment by Cruiser — 2:30 pm May 2, 2008 #

6. Go to Angelina’s and miss out on the Corned Beef Benedict that I’ve been longing for since I saw the fire trucks responding to the fire? No way.

Comment by Gunnar — 2:54 pm May 2, 2008 #

7. mmmmmmmmmmm corned beef bene!

Comment by Johnny Davies — 2:55 pm May 2, 2008 #

8. I saw a solitary pickup truck there today, but no sign of anyone inside or any work going on. The red “stop work” notice is still on the door. I hope they start work soon!

Comment by PSPS — 3:23 pm May 2, 2008 #

9. Yay!!! Frenchtoast here WE come!

Cannot Wait!…

Comment by Pam — 8:30 pm May 2, 2008 #

10. there is a god!

Comment by call me naive... — 9:53 pm May 2, 2008 #

11. So many times we get a terrific jones for breakfast in the afternoon, then remember the Cafe’s closed. Only alternative is Denny’s. Good but no substitute. Can’t wait till they’re open again!

Comment by Pelicans — 11:35 am May 3, 2008 #