Alki Homestead antique sale under way

April 29, 2008 at 3:41 pm | In Alki Homestead, West Seattle businesses | 7 Comments

silverstuff.jpg

17 years in West Seattle and we’ll confess we have never been inside the Alki Homestead (on 61st SW, just south of the Alki Bakery building). Curiosity about what came down out of storage for the forum-announced antique sale (continuing through 7 pm tonight) finally changed that, less than an hour ago — we dropped in right as the doors opened at 3 pm. Resisted the impulse to scoop up this entire table of $1-each servingware:

servingware.jpg

There’s furniture, paintings, silverware, crystal. And a bake sale with elegant offerings. We asked Homestead management if they might do this again if everything doesn’t sell; they said probably not in this format — whatever’s left over when this sale ends at 7 pm today will likely go back upst

1. It’s a little sad to see these things parted out like this. I hope things don’t change too much at the homestead.

Comment by Vanessa — 3:44 pm April 29, 2008 #

2. I hope I can make it there in time!

They’re taking cash only, I’d guess?

Comment by rlv — 3:44 pm April 29, 2008 #

3. check the forum post i just linked inside the text (forum-announced antique sale) … the original post says cash plus whatever else – i’d look it up but running back out to another story!

Comment by WSB — 3:46 pm April 29, 2008 #

4. It does say there — cash, check, or credit card. Thanks!

Antiques and pie, mmm.

Comment by rlv — 3:53 pm April 29, 2008 #

5. If I could afford to buy the restaurant, I would be first in line. What agreat place to eat.I even have a chef in waiting in the family.

Comment by JohnM — 4:25 pm April 29, 2008 #

6. are the prices reasonable?

Comment by beachdrivegirl — 4:28 pm April 29, 2008 #

7. I learned from a five-year-old piece in the Weekly here that this used to be a carriage house for the William and Gladys Bernard residence.
    Also, for those of you who enjoy perusing old restaurant menus, The UW Library has a great collection. Some of them are online here. Nothing from the Homestead I could find, but apparently there was a time when fifty cents would get you quite a meal!

Comment by PSPS — 7:39 pm April 29, 2008 #