Semi-secret shows of the year: Eddie Vedder @ Kenyon Hall

March 26, 2008 at 6:17 am | In West Seattle news, WS culture/arts | 15 Comments

kenyonhall.jpgThanks to Greg for pointing out the Pearl Jam message board thread on this. Not like we travel in rock ‘n’ roll circles or anything, so it’s news to us and maybe to you too: West Seattle’s Most Famous Musician, Eddie Vedder, played Kenyon Hall (35th just south of Kenyon) the last two nights. The fans are particularly abuzz about the limited-edition poster (you can see it here; also, somebody’s already selling one on eBay).

1. DOH! I live a few block away. So bummed I missed it, but how cool for all that didn’t.

Comment by Indaknow — 7:23 am March 26, 2008 #

2. Oh man, I live 2 blocks from there, no wonder my street was so jam packed last night!

Comment by Courtney — 7:42 am March 26, 2008 #

3. Damn! How can we find out about these secret shows!!!

Comment by Elise — 8:57 am March 26, 2008 #

4. gee…think we could get him to perform at our fundraiser for our favorite locksmith?

Comment by Jan — 9:16 am March 26, 2008 #

5. Great thought Jan! I am pretty bummed we missed out too…looks like I need to explore other blogs too!

Comment by beachdrivegirl — 9:34 am March 26, 2008 #

6. Jan – If we could, I’d be there with 50 friends in tow… I’m bummed I missed this performance!

Comment by CFL — 9:34 am March 26, 2008 #

7. Dang it! So close!

I’d be happy sitting outside in the rain listening :)

Comment by Trick — 10:29 am March 26, 2008 #

8. How can we get on his “semi-secret” show list?! I always hear about these shows after they have happened! Anyone know???

Comment by KM — 11:49 am March 26, 2008 #

9. What a treat to have seen this show!!

Comment by DTown — 11:52 am March 26, 2008 #

10. BDG…maybe he’s a lurker on WSB…Hey, Eddie, you out there? Wanna help us out? lol….

Comment by Jan — 12:25 pm March 26, 2008 #

11. I read through the whole message board thread this morning to look for clues. Apparently a very few tickets were sold at Easy Street. Sounds like a case of being in the right place at the right time!

Comment by WSB — 12:49 pm March 26, 2008 #

12. There were some mentions of this on some of the underground message boards- I think the only chances of getting in were to know someone, to be at Easy Street at the right time, or finding a shred of information online…

I’m very happy to have been there. It’s the Pearl Jam story of my lifetime as a longtime fan. :-)

Comment by Greg — 1:47 pm March 26, 2008 #

13. it was AMAZING to see him play in such a small venue…

right place/right time indeed…..

Comment by s — 4:51 pm March 26, 2008 #

14. What songs were played?

Comment by J — 7:52 pm March 26, 2008 #

15. Yay for you Greg – and all those who got to be there! Kenyon Hall is a really cool place, and pretty good acoustics. We were there, for the first time, when the Total Experience Choir was there rehearsing. Wow!

Comment by add — 8:30 pm March 26, 2008 #