More Alki restaurant news: Homestead up for sale, again

March 8, 2008 at 7:53 pm | In Alki Homestead, West Seattle news, West Seattle restaurants | 11 Comments

homesteadsign.jpgThe updated CL listing makes it clear “just the business” (not the building) — but however you slice it, the Homestead is for sale, two years after it last changed hands. $495,000, according to this version of the listing.

1. Hmmm..the second listing does say “Business Only” but that follows the phrase “Opportunity to own Seattle Historical Landmark” – maybe it’s just a crummy write-up though because it also boasts being across the street from the water with beautiful views. um, yeah. Don’t want to see this one go; I don’t get there often, but vow to go in the next couple of weeks!

Comment by GenHillOne — 8:20 pm March 8, 2008 #

2. At that price, it couldn’t include the building or land – county records show Tom Lin paid $1.2 million for it in ’06. It is an official city landmark; details of 1995 ordinance here.

Comment by WSB — 8:29 pm March 8, 2008 #

3. wow…went to a wedding reception there last week…was terrific food, great service (though a private event, the waitpersons were used)…I hope someone can take it over and keep the tradition going, with improvements. I must say, they needed to dust a little in the corners :)

Comment by JanS — 9:11 pm March 8, 2008 #

4. The CL does say “business only” but THEN it says, “Excellent opportunity to own Seattle Historical Landmark” which sounds a lot like the building. I hope you’re right about the price, WSB — or, the market has softened a lot more than we know.

Comment by charlabob — 10:18 pm March 8, 2008 #

5. Just walked by there today. What a time capsule!

Comment by Steve Heck — 11:18 pm March 8, 2008 #

6. wow…what an opportunity for the right person… wish i had the cash…that would be a blast!

Comment by matthew darling — 1:56 am March 9, 2008 #

7. My boyfriend, who has since passed away, took me there to celebrate finding my first job out of college. Nice memories there.

Comment by Kayleigh — 6:57 am March 9, 2008 #

8. I have celebrated college graduation and more than a couple birthdays there – both before and after the change of hands. It is a place that all ages can feel comfortable. Food is great…so are the old school drinks. :) I hope someone who cares as much for it as the customers who know it gets it and keeps the restaurant going. If I had the money and time… man, what an opportunity!

Comment by Kramer — 4:56 pm March 9, 2008 #

9. Come on Tom Douglas! At one time he spoke of buying this property – now is your chance. Dahlia Lounge West Seattle….

Comment by TD — 8:59 pm March 10, 2008 #

10. Love the chicken and they make a decent drink too. I hope it gets a reprieve..

Comment by Tonya — 4:13 pm March 11, 2008 #

11. Ah the Neon Homestead light is on. I love that place!

Comment by glocson — 8:02 pm July 18, 2008 #