More photos of Delridge flooding, plus a street closure

December 3, 2007 at 2:12 pm | In December 2007 flooding, Delridge, West Seattle news, West Seattle weather | 8 Comments

ADDED 2:25 PM: “The creek has burst free!” reports Kristin, who took these photos on Juneau between Delridge and 26th, and says 26th is closed.

2:12 PM: Mike actually captured the fabled “car swamped to its roof” we heard about in the lot at Allstar Fitness (2:38 PM UPDATE: reader reports, it IS closed because of the flooding) – that’s the car in the background:

Thanks again to everyone who’s sending WSB info and pix to share. ADDED 3:50 PM: Yet another picture of the now-iconic flooded car at Allstar, this time from Lea Kuchan:

1. I just saw some photos of the All Star parking lot and the water was right up to the edge of the entry door. The entire parking lot is submerged and that car is barely visible in the photo I saw. Makes me glad that I let my membership expire at the end of November!

Comment by CMP — 2:24 pm December 3, 2007 #

2. This is really getting in the way of my fitness goals.

Comment by hello insomnia — 3:04 pm December 3, 2007 #

3. now the wind. let’s all keep our fingers crossed that we don’t lose trees or power. we have pulled up all the carpet in the basement and keep hoping the worst is over.

Comment by k — 3:08 pm December 3, 2007 #

4. I’d heard something about an outdoor pool going in at All Star. Leave it to WSB to get the scoop!

Comment by sw — 3:30 pm December 3, 2007 #

5. well, you could always swim laps in the parking lot if you really need to work out today. ;) yuck!

Comment by m — 3:36 pm December 3, 2007 #

6. outdoor lap pool!

Comment by Erik — 3:43 pm December 3, 2007 #

7. I’ve got a small portable sump-pump that has BARELY kept up keeping the water in the garage from getting INTO the house.

Comment by grr — 3:59 pm December 3, 2007 #

8. Allstar Fitness said they hope to be open on Tues. In the meantime, if you want to use your W. Seattle membership at other Allstar Fitness locations you can (that is, if you want to drive to Queen Anne, downtown, etc. today).

Comment by Admiral gal — 4:00 pm December 3, 2007 #