Reader Recommendation Request: Company for a mini-move?

November 26, 2007 at 7:56 pm | In Reader recommendations | 16 Comments

Future West Seattleite Tanaya e-mailed this Reader Recommendation Request:

We will be moving from a small one bedroom apartment in Capitol Hill to a small one bedroom apartment near Alki, mid-December. Does anyone know of a reliable moving company that will handle a small move? Thanks!

Please post recommendations as comments; check out other WSB RRRs and their respective responses in their own archives here.

1. Bumblebee Movers. They recently did a move for me and did a awesome job. Give them a call. 425-743-4742

Ron

Comment by Ron Hines — 8:12 pm November 26, 2007 #

2. I recommend calling your friends. Order some pizza provide some drinks and ask for some help moving. My friends and I just helped a friend move from Capitol Hill to Delridge. Took about 4 hours.

Comment by Alex Garcia — 8:21 pm November 26, 2007 #

3. Adams Movers. I used them for a Downtown to West Seattle move. They are the best. Conscientious. Motivated. Great guys.

Comment by Christopher Boffoli — 8:23 pm November 26, 2007 #

4. Depends on what you are looking for… A full service move (they pack it all) or just to move boxes, etc.

I’d suggest the later (you will be happier) and I like P.O.D.S

Comment by BB — 8:34 pm November 26, 2007 #

5. We used a company called “Nice Moves” located out of downtown Seattle. They were on time, very professional and very well priced.

Comment by Brian — 9:02 pm November 26, 2007 #

6. Careful Movers. I used them when moving from downtown to West Seattle. By far the easiest move I ever had. Great price too.

Comment by Miss K — 9:04 pm November 26, 2007 #

7. When I moved within West Seattle a few years ago, Action Moving did a great job. They even took apart my bed (had to in order to get it down 4 flights of stairs) and put it back together in my new place.

Comment by hc — 9:29 pm November 26, 2007 #

8. I can second the recommendation for “Nice Moves.” I packed and rented the van–they provided the muscle.

Comment by IsleWrite — 9:42 pm November 26, 2007 #

9. I used Power Movers about 13 years ago, and they are still around. You provide the truck, they provide the brawn. Here’s the web site: http://www.powermovers.com/

Comment by Wendy — 10:54 pm November 26, 2007 #

10. Hey, thanks guys. This is a great list. I’ll start making some calls.

Hey Alex, I like your idea too….wanna help me move later this month??? :)

Comment by tanaya — 8:52 am November 27, 2007 #

11. Friends don’t ask friends to help them move! (OK, I admit that I’m biased on this point, and that not everyone feels the same way.)

Anyway, I have used TLC Movers for two separate moves and have been extremely happy with them. I will definitely use them again the next (and, I hope, last!) time I need to move.

Comment by deb — 10:16 am November 27, 2007 #

12. I just moved to West Seattle from Capitol Hill and had an incredible experience with Adam’s Moving service. Adam himself wrote back quickly (on a weekend) to schedule my move, the guys were on time, careful, and incredibly quick. The whole move cost me less than $400. I’ll never lean on my friends again!

Comment by Corianton — 1:12 pm November 27, 2007 #

13. Duh! I forgot about Ladybug Moving Services!! They are based out of Westwood. I have known the owner, Linda Trauth, for almost 10 years. We just recently reconnected. Here is a link to her web site: http://ladybugmoving.com/index.html

Comment by WendyHJ — 3:59 pm November 27, 2007 #

14. u-savemoving@comcast.net … I found them via Judy’s book I think…. used them for a QA to Alki move that was ‘the big stuff’ and a few boxes …. and was very happy .. reasonable, punctual, etc… Good Luck

Comment by cleat — 6:37 pm November 27, 2007 #

15. I third Adam’s Moving Service. They are incredibly friendly and efficient. Best move experience I’ve ever had.

Comment by P — 8:43 pm November 27, 2007 #

16. I second TLC Moving (206) 762-5656 recommendation which I got from the West Seattle Blog. I just had them move a cast iron double ended tub to a second story house. Read many steps. They were fast, efficient, polite and reasonably priced. They don’t advertise.

Comment by Betty — 2:16 pm July 23, 2008 #