West Seattle Art Attack!

October 30, 2007 at 10:01 am | In Seen around town, WS culture/arts | 17 Comments

If you’re at home – go peek at your yard – you might have a present from a mysterious, anonymous local glass artist who tells WSB he/she has been leaving surprises in yards around West Seattle “that look like their owners would appreciate a new bit of unexpected art.” The artist sent photographic proof (the one at right was taken under cover of night):

ARTATTACK.JPG ARTATTACK2.JPG
The artist says you’ll know it’s one of theirs if it’s signed “West Seattle Art Attack.” Let us know if you find one! (P.S. More jack-o-lantern photos coming; still time to get yours in.)

1. That’s pretty cool!

Comment by coffee geek — 10:28 am October 30, 2007 #

2. oh that is SO cool. Sadly out little 4-plex looks like a shoebox and there is NOTHING we can do to make it reflect the artsy-fartsy souls who live there.

Comment by A.A. — 10:32 am October 30, 2007 #

3. This is so great! Two thumbs up to the artist for spreading some joy and sharing their creativity with the WS community.

Comment by LB — 10:58 am October 30, 2007 #

4. love it! love it! love it!!!

Comment by k — 11:04 am October 30, 2007 #

5. This is one of many reasons I love living in WS.

Please look past the duct tape on our gate as it is temporary. ;)

Comment by Dolly — 11:05 am October 30, 2007 #

6. OMG, this is sooooo great! Come visit the Alki area attackers!!

Comment by The Velvet Bulldog — 11:17 am October 30, 2007 #

7. Cooler than cool! Just got me thinking that maybe we’ll do something fun like that out trick or treating…but definitely leaving something that’s a treat, not a trick.

Comment by GenHillOne — 12:10 pm October 30, 2007 #

8. VERY cool…feel free to visit the south end of California Ave anytime….

Comment by grr — 12:51 pm October 30, 2007 #

9. that’s really cool! What a treat. :)

Comment by R — 12:52 pm October 30, 2007 #

10. SWEET! What a great idea. I second grr’s comment.

Comment by krista — 1:19 pm October 30, 2007 #

11. That is fantastic!

Comment by Digg — 1:47 pm October 30, 2007 #

12. Certainly wish a Merry “Trickster” from WS would navigate their way up north to Everett to spread such pumpkin cheer…what a fun find it would be!

Comment by Gins — 4:05 pm October 30, 2007 #

13. It’s that community spirit, that the West Seattle Art Attacker demonstrates, that makes it a special time of year. Random acts of decoration are truly appreciated. What makes holidays special are that we all share something, and this little bit (and the skeleton theater, and anyone that sent in their pumpkin pics, etc) makes it so nice to live in West Seattle. My wife and I are far from family, but certainly at home here in West Seattle.

Comment by Cy — 8:40 pm October 30, 2007 #

14. these are awesome. swing on down to Delridge. We may be poor, but we still appreciate the fine arts.

Comment by bbilly — 9:04 pm October 30, 2007 #

15. I would love to find one of these in my yard, Halloween is my anniversary and my husband has been in Iraq for our past 2 anniversaries.

Comment by Barbara — 9:04 pm October 30, 2007 #

16. Dangit Cy, I promised myself I wouldn’t cry tonight …

Comment by Bob Loblaw — 10:04 pm October 30, 2007 #

17. Howdy Art Attackers ~

You have some partners in crime who’re more prone to gardening than to glass blowing… but clearly we should party together!

See: http://www.bulbliberationfront.org

Nice work!!!! You are an inspiration!

~ Sweet Pea