Freeway Fright ’07: More wi-fi whereabouts

August 6, 2007 at 10:29 pm | In Freeway Fright '07, Transportation, West Seattle online | 9 Comments

i5logo1.jpgWe are working on a list of who’s got wi-fi access around WS, besides the obvious (coffeehouses), for anyone who really can take the advice of West Seattle’s Most Famous Politician and telecommute to avoid the I-5-related trauma expected during FF ’07. The latest addition, if you weren’t aware: Public library branches. West Seattle has four of ‘em: Southwest, High Point, Delridge, and of course, WS (north of Metro Market).

1. For a beer and wifi – Admiral Pub on California
    For clams and wifi – Salty’s on Alki
    For frosting and wifi – Cupcake Royal at the Junction
    For great sandwiches and wifi – Freshys across from WS High School
    For free “linksys” wifi – just about any neighborhood in WS :)

Comment by Eric — 10:36 pm August 6, 2007 #

2. yum, cupcake royale.

Comment by LyndaB — 11:13 pm August 6, 2007 #

3. I’ve put together a Google Map of the WiFi hotspots I know about in West Seattle. It’s on JetCityOrange.

Additions and corrections appreciated. I’m still learning my way around Google Maps.

Comment by Azalea Software — 11:59 pm August 6, 2007 #

4. Alki Bakery has wi-fi, and so does EasyStreet Records… Cafe Lladro has wi-fi and is open until 11 p.m. I think the Bevridge Place Pub may have wi-fi. There’s a site called http://www.jiwire.com that lets you search on wi-fi nationwide, and it may have resources. (I’ve used it when going on business trips…) Cafe Rozella on the edge of White Center has wifi.

Comment by Delridge Gal — 8:27 am August 7, 2007 #

5. Alki Bakery has wi-fi, and so does EasyStreet Records… Cafe Lladro has wi-fi and is open until 11 p.m. I think the Bevridge Place Pub may have wi-fi. There’s a site called http://www.jiwire.com that lets you search on wi-fi nationwide, and it may have resources. (I’ve used it when going on business trips…) Cafe Rozella on the edge of White Center has wifi.

Comment by Delridge Gal — 8:27 am August 7, 2007 #

6. Eric – that’s funny (and true). Not sure if it is “smart” or “dumb” to NOT rename the router. At a minimum, people probably shouldn’t name it their address or last name.

Comment by RobertSeattle — 9:53 am August 7, 2007 #

7. I don’t think BPP has wi-fi – but I think you can ride someone else’s from there.

RobertSeattle – renaming it won’t do any good… it will just broadcast it’s new name. At a minimum, you should have WEP enabled. That’ll keep the kiddies for surfing on your bandwidth.

Comment by eric — 10:57 am August 7, 2007 #

8. Happy Hour and wi-fi would be a great way to end the day and get some work done – besides Admiral Pub – any places near the junction that have wi-fi? It would be nice if bev place and matador would get it.

Comment by matt — 4:25 pm July 21, 2008 #

9. hi – since this is a very old post I don’t think you’re going to get answers here (and I don’t know, either) but I invite you to post in the WSB Forum – great place for exactly this type of question -

TR (site editor/co-publisher)