The floodwater’s gone, the trouble isn’t

April 19, 2007 at 2:39 am | In December 2006 windstorm, West Seattle weather | 9 Comments

When you hear “last December’s storm,” you probably think wind (and powerlessness). But some think first of the fast, furious rainstorm that preceded the wind, created the Upper Fauntleroy sinkhole (bridged but still not filled), and swept floodwater through some WS homes. The homeowners with flood damage are still trying to get things set right; one homeowner has e-mailed us to say they’re organizing a West Seattle flood victims’ group, plus warning us all to watch for what is alleged to be the real culprit in the spot flooding — filters left in storm drains by contractors and construction crews. Regarding the damage already done, they’re thinking about suing, and inviting anybody and everybody who had flood trouble to e-mail them at floodvictims@comcast.net.

1. Just imagine if we had a real disaster. Do you think our “leaders” would be able to do anything??

Of course, it would be George Bush’s fault.

Comment by Eric — 7:34 am April 19, 2007 #

2. Good points as always Eric.

Comment by Chet — 9:19 am April 19, 2007 #

3. I would like to complement Chet on his excellent complementing of Eric (as always).

;)

Comment by Bill — 3:40 pm April 19, 2007 #

4. …and I mean it as a compliment.

Comment by Bill — 3:42 pm April 19, 2007 #

5. Thanks, he seems to say what I think in a more coherent/persuasive way.

Comment by Chet — 3:44 pm April 19, 2007 #

6. I try not to be cynical, but it is hard not to be these days. Seriously, I hope these folks find resolution very soon. I can’t imagine being in their shoes – our pain was over as soon as the lights came back on and we soon forgot all about what really was a minor inconvenience. These people are still dealing with the aftermath months later. It’s terrible.

Comment by Eric — 7:50 am April 20, 2007 #

7. I hear ya man, I agree.
    Have I seen posts from you about Beveridge Place and beer tastings? I’ve been meaning to get down there. I used to live in Gatewood and was always at Abbondonza, SBUX, Thriftway, etc but never made it in to Beveridge. Do you know Brandon Huck?

Comment by Todd — 9:39 am April 20, 2007 #

8. nope… I don’t know him.

Yeah, BPP is great – best beer bar in Seattle and probably the state! A cask night that you don’t want to miss occurs on Thursday, the 26th – West Seattle’s own Schooner Exact!

Comment by Eric — 10:31 am April 20, 2007 #

9. Brandon waited tables at Abbondanza and worked at the SBUX nextdoor for a bit. Funny guy. He would run food up to BPP and I last heard he was doing a variety night there or some place close. I’ll check out cask night sometime. Thanks.

Comment by Todd — 12:41 pm April 20, 2007 #