First the bear, then the owl, now …

April 3, 2007 at 10:17 am | In Pigeon Point, Seen around town | 5 Comments

More “public art,” according to a reader tip. We won’t get to check this out for ourselves for a while so we’ll take the liberty of quoting the reader, who reports the sighting from a bus ride over The Bridge:

This morning I had no choice but to crack a grin as I spotted a herd of crouching Groucho Marxes in the woods of Pigeon Point. They can be seen from the eastbound lanes of the West Seattle Bridge and are tucked into the woods maybe a couple hundred meters after the merge.

smgrouch2.jpg

1. Did some Googling and discovered Pigeon Point has it’s own website:

Couldn’t find any pictures of the “art” on the internet though.

Comment by Robert — 10:47 am April 3, 2007 #

2. I’ll try to have my camera ready this time and hope the windows are clean in the back of the 54. Yah, you can’t help but grin.

Comment by jt — 9:48 pm April 3, 2007 #

3. my daughter (age 12) gasped in delight this a.m. when she spotted the art in the woods. she said it was done by a youngstown artist – recognized it from a studio tour.

Comment by una's mom — 12:31 am April 5, 2007 #

4. Saw those on the way to work myself this morning. I love that people are realizing that there is more to public art in WS than just dressing up the kids on the logs.

Comment by SchoonerExact — 9:53 am April 5, 2007 #

5. I’ve been taking pictures of these elusive beasts for a few days now. I’m hoping the herd isn’t hunted to extinction, though…

Comment by Mac — 7:26 am April 13, 2007 #