Also closing up shop

April 20, 2007 at 10:03 am | In West Seattle businesses | 12 Comments

The day we reported Bikes & Brew’s impending demise, we got a note saying Backstage Thrift also is closing. Couldn’t verify it ourselves at the time but now we’ve received another report and photographic proof. Reader “Luckie,” who sent these photos, says the shopkeeper told her they’re closing their Capitol Hill location too and will continue the 50% off “going out of business” sale through month’s end:
backstageleft.jpgbackstageright.jpg

1. I also heard Legends Sports bar is also closing down sometime soon.

Comment by Jiggers — 10:30 am April 20, 2007 #

2. I heard that one of the Huling brothers owns the land that Legends is on (and the land where the oil company and furniture store used to be) and that Legends’ lease was up and they are being asked to leave. Sounds like some new development might be on the horizon. Can anyone guess what it might be???

Comment by Angela — 12:17 pm April 20, 2007 #

3. A church or a bakery or a pizza parlor or a coffee shop?

Comment by Magic 8 Ball — 12:19 pm April 20, 2007 #

4. why not more condos? :) pretty please.

Comment by chet — 12:28 pm April 20, 2007 #

5. TRADER JOES!!! (only in my dreams…)

Comment by Nic — 12:41 pm April 20, 2007 #

6. Magic, you got about 33 1/3rd% of getting the right answer there.

Comment by Jiggers — 1:52 pm April 20, 2007 #

7. I’m sad about Backstage. I love that place!

Comment by anon — 4:08 pm April 20, 2007 #

8. I prefer a strip club right were legends is at.

Comment by Jiggers — 5:40 pm April 20, 2007 #

9. I wonder if rents have gone up around the Junction and are part of the reason that Backstage Thrift and Bikes & Brew are leaving, or if it’s just a coincidence.

Comment by Keith — 8:04 pm April 20, 2007 #

10. Rents are going up everywhere in WS. Its really hot out of hand if you ask me. Its all about supply in demand.

Comment by Jiggers — 9:36 pm April 20, 2007 #

11. The Backstage space will be divided in two. A hair salon will take one of the spaces

Comment by Sheila — 10:10 pm April 22, 2007 #

12. A hair salon that is moving from it’s previous location is moving into the Backstage space.

Comment by gina — 7:55 am April 23, 2007 #